Vigo County YMCA Youth Services
All youth programs may be registered here: https://operations.daxko.com/Online/2065/ProgramsV2/Home.mvc
Learn. Grow. Thrive at YMCA School Age Child Care (Before and After School)
Vigo County YMCA offers before and after school care in all of Vigo County School Corporation's 18 elementary schools.
Before school begins at 6:30am and ends with the dismissal of students to classrooms for the start of the school day. After school begins with the release of students at the end of the school day and ends at 6:00pm.
Financial Assistance is available for children receiving free or reduced lunch.
School is out Y is in Day Care
Children in kindergarten through sixth grade in need of day care while school is out are welcome to come to the Y for the day!
January 21, February 15, February 18, March 22, April 1, April 19, May 24
Daily Cost: $25 for members, $35 for nonmembers
Contact Ali Weber to register online at firstname.lastname@example.org
• During the winter months please be sure to send children in a coat for outdoor play
• Breakfast will be provided, children will need to bring a sack lunch
• Children will need to wear tennis/athletic shoes and bring a change of clothes
• Please print child’s name on personal items
• All electronic devices must be left at home
• Financial assistance is available to qualifying families
• Adults must be listed as a pickup person and will be required to show a photo ID
Spring Break Camp March 25-29
During Spring Break, the YMCA offers youth, grades K - 6, fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests, and create memories that last a lifetime. Camp is offered from 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM at the Vigo County YMCA during Spring Break from Vigo County schools.
- Breakfast will be provided, children will need to bring a sack lunch
- Children will need to wear tennis/athletic shoes and outdoor clothing
- Please print child’s name on camp items
- All electronic devices must be left at home
- Bring an extra set of clothing
- Adults must be listed as a pickup person and will be required to show a photo ID
Cost: Vigo County YMCA $100 for members/$125 for nonmembers for the week
Financial assistance is available to those in need! Fill out an application at the YMCA front desk.
2019 Summer Camp
At YMCA Summer Camp we seek to fight summer learning loss and childhood obesity while providing fun activities, character development, field trips and more for kids all summer long.
Costs for 2019 are to be determined as we plan a variety of truly exciting enrichment and athletic opportunities for our campers! We will offer part time (1-2 days) pricing, multiple child discounts, and a limited number of scholarships. (Please see the Financial Assistance form). The camp cost includes swimming, field trips, educational enrichment opportunities and many more summer activities.
Once you register with the non-refundable registration fee, we will be able to reserve a space for your child!
- Each week presents a new theme to keep your camper intrigued and learning!
- Camp counselors are well-trained in caring for youth and keeping children engaged and active.
- Healthy snacks are provided daily.
- Make sure children bring their tennis shoes daily and swim suits on the assigned swim days!
- Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.
- Sign up today at the Y or call Ali Weber at 812-232-8446 with inquiries.
Every Monday – Saturday morning, and Monday – Thursday evenings, members have the opportunity to work out while their little ones are in the safe care of our experiences child watch staff. Child watch is offered to ages 6 weeks – 12 years for just $10/month.
Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Monday - Thursday evening 4:30-8 pm
Saturday 9am - 12pm
Kid's Night Out
At the end of each month the YMCA offers a low-cost evening for kids to get out and get active while giving parents a chance to enjoy some adult time. Caregivers are able to drop their children off from 5pm-10pm.
Older children will enjoy playing sports, doing seasonal crafts, and planned games or activities. Younger children can enjoy our STEM activities, story time, tumbling equipment, and free play. Member cost is $15.00 for the first child and $10.00 for any additional children. Contact Michael Wagle with any questions at 812-232-8446.
With the help of our partners at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, the YMCA is able to offer free tutoring to grades K-12 in the YMCA Tween Study Room Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7:30pm. Call the YMCA with any questions at 812-232-8446.